A Note about COVID-19:
As the world is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to share the actions that One World Center is taking to keep our participants, employees and the community at large safe.
We focus on keeping the hygiene standards of our campus high. As this situation continues to evolve, we are taking additional actions to ensure our organization is as safe as possible. Our employees and participants are working hard to uphold and practice these measures and we are closely following the latest guidance from the CDC, WHO, local governments, public health agencies, and travel guidances.
Enhanced Safety Measures Include:
- Extra attention to proper hand washing and increased access to hand sanitizers.
- Regular disinfecting of all high-touch areas including: workstations, kitchen counters, dining hall tables, and classroom tables.
- Ensuring our participants and employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay in their dorm room/at home if they are feeling unwell. For any participant feeling unwell, their temperature will be regularly monitored.
- As a precautionary measure, and for the safety of our inquiries, participants and employees we are cancelling all gatherings and meetings both here and abroad until the end of May. The status of future events will be determined as more information becomes available.
- For our participants at the projects, we are working closely with and being regularly updated about the situation in the project countries from Humana People to People national offices. They are also following the protocols set in place by Humana People to People.
- We have set emergency protocols into place in the event that one of our participants happens to get infected.